Open Water Scuba Certification
Jump into the adventure of a lifetime! Dive California's top notch teaching professionals will help you learn the sport that will take you places you've never dreamed of! With over 50 years of teaching experience, Dive California's teaching staff is your #1 source for all things scuba!
Here at Dive California we offers strictly PRIVATE and SEMI-PRIVATE GROUP Scuba and Freediving instruction. This means ONLY you or YOUR private group to meet all of your scheduling needs. We limit our Open Water course enrollment to a maximum of 4 students to maximize one-on-one time with your instructor. We don't just teach you how to dive. We teach you how to be a diver.
- Tuition (classroom review, pool and ocean training)
- 4 Ocean Certification Dives
- Certification fee
- Study materials
- Rental gear
- Student discount on any personal Equipment purchase
What's NOT Included
- Required digital course study kit
- Boat fees (on special request only)
- Transport to training and dive sites
- Minimum age: 12 years old by the time of course orientation*
- Able to swim 200 yards and tread water/float for 10 minutes
- Reasonable good health or cleared by a medical physician
- Purchase or provide your own Personal Dive & Safety Equipment suitable for Scuba usage
- Students younger than 15 years of age will receive a Junior Open Water certification
Dive Equipment (Scuba Grade): Mask, Snorkel, Boots, Fins,
Gloves, (SMB) Surface Marker Buoy.
Required Scuba Equipment and MaterialsThe course fee is $499, including your classroom and pool tuition, 4 open water certification dives, certification processing fee, logbook and all necessary rental gear. There are NO HIDDEN FEES.
Dive California does not require you to purchase your personal snorkel gear package as other dive shops do, but owning your own personal fitted equipment like mask, snorkel, fins, boots, gloves and SMB will surely make your diving experience much more comfortable. You will have the opportunity to choose these items at our location of classroom and pool if you so desire.
Our classes fill up fast, please call us at 619-878-3483 for current availability.